Wednesday 21 March 2012

Pursuit

I burst through the undergrowth running for cover as the T Rex ripped through the trees behind me. It was chasing me, it was actually chasing me!! I had completely ignored my training,they had said not to run but to keep still. That's easier said than done as your natural instinct takes over and all you can think of is getting away. The Rex belted out another massive roar and I could feel its warn breath hit the back of my neck. This was it I had no chance, this thing was an apex predator and it had locked on to me. I kept running, flinging myself through what seemed like miles of forest,branches whipped past me and slashed at my face. Then another roar and another, more intense now, the chase was intensifying and I had to find a way of escape, I had to survive . I whipped through another bush when a couple of smaller lizard like dinosaurs scattered before me and immediately bolted out of my way screaming. Another roar and the Rex's head hit my back and knocked me forward. The creature's thundering footsteps were storming down on me. I managed to keep my balance and kept running and running, desperate for a way out of this mess. It was hopeless, another roar and another knock then it had me. The Rex's jaws clamped in to my back pack and lifted me from the ground. The creature swung me back and forth, I desperately reached for the belts on my pack and then it came loose. I fell to the ground and the Rex crunched once then twice and swallowed my backpack. I ran and bolted toward the undergrowth. The monster thundered after me, and again roared forward catching me up. I ran but I was getting tired, the adrenaline was no longer enough. The Rex smashed into me knocking me forward again and I stumbled forward. I continued to run and the roar came close yet again and again. The sound was deafening and the creature's breath and saliva exploded up my back and the jaws narrowly missed my arm as the creature's head pounded the earth beside me. I tripped forward and the creature opened its jaws. I burst through some palms and then ran into thin air. There was another massive roar from behind me.The creature's jaws snapped shut above me as I fell down. I fell further down and screamed but then I hit water.....

No comments:

Post a Comment